SDTC: What spaces in Toronto do you find inspiring?
LV: I grew up in North York and rarely travelled downtown but once I started living downtown, I fell in love with Trinity Bellwoods Park for lounging and walking with the dog. Cherry Beach is a great escape from the city as well.

What aisle do you spend the most time in at the grocery store?
Haha. I would have to say the fruit section. I always want my fridge stocked with berries and fresh fruits to keep me going throughout the day!

Which virtue do you try to cultivate within yourself?
Patience. I’m horrible with patience but it is something I’ve been trying to work on. It is a virtue I admire in people and I am slowly progressing. I just need to work on the patience to get there! Vicious cycle.

The receipts in your wallet would indicate what?
You would find many receipts to the pet store. I am obsessed with my dog and spoil her. Perhaps receipts to Earth Bar, a great and healthy spot in Los Angeles to get your smoothie on. Receipts for my drop-in classes at Hot Yoga for some Zen and likely receipts for my dinner dates to sushi with my girlfriends.

If you could reinvent your career and be something totally different, what would that be?
I grew up wanting to be a writer. Writing poetry and short stories. Oddly enough always on the darker said. Very Tim Burton. I was an odd little girl. I went to York University for English and Psych. I suppose I was hoping to better understand human nature for my writing. Acting picked up and I began pursuing that and loved every moment but I still had the desire to create. Over the past few years, I wrote a children’s book and am thrilled it is currently in production to become a live action children’s series! Stayed tuned for that! Super Duper Deelia will follow the adventures of a young quirky girl, who discovers she is more then meets the eye!

When you dream about travel, what place in the world comes to mind?
So many places! I’ve traveled in the past but mostly for work. My dream vacation would be Bora Bora or Greece. I am about to embark on an incredible journey and opportunity with World Vision Canada. I will be traveling to Africa for 10 days with their team to educate myself on their work in the field and experience it first hand!

What makes you happy?
Cuddling. Coffee. My dog. My family and my adorable nephew Asher. Expressing myself and challenging myself through art and acting and finally exercise!

What makes you cringe?
Needles. Speaking to live audiences. Snakes. Spiders and those who wish to show off in superficial ways.

What quality do you loathe most in others?
Dishonesty.

What, in your opinion, is overrated?
Wealth and fame.

How do you feel about life at this moment?
I feel empowered and feel like the best is yet to come.

What quality do you value most in a lover?
The ability to look into their eyes and see complete honesty and comfort.

What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
Take a spin class or hike with my dog, grab a coffee and lounge, read or watch a movie.

What is your comfort food?
I’ve always been a sucker for a fresh croissant.

What word should we all use more?
Serendipitous.